TOPCON LPS ROBOTIC GRADER
THE RIGHT ALTERNATIVE
3D GPS+ and 3D-millimeter GPS+ systems work extremely well when machines are capable of receiving GPS satellite signals, but what happens when the jobsite does not have visibility to open sky? Working between buildings or in heavy tree coverage can limit the performance of a 3D-GPS controlled machine. In these situations Topcon's LPS (Local Positioning System) is ideal.
Features and Benefits:
- Topcon Xtrak prism tracking technology
- 20Hz update rate
- Long range 2.4Ghz interference free radio communications
- GX-60 control box runs LPS, GPS and all 3D controls
- Visual graphic on display for acquiring lost beam
- Insures all your jobsites have 3D control 24/7
- High accuracy for tight tolerance projects
- Simple & fast conversion between LPS and GPS
- Same robot used with Pocket 3D as layout/grade checking tool
- For use with Motor Graders and Bulldozers
Rather than GPS signals, Topcon's LPS utilizes a high-accuracy, fast auto-tracking Total Station to maintain machine position information via machine mounted prism. As it tracks the machine/prism, the Total Station maintains exact machine position / grade information per an internally loaded digital site plan. Grade adjustments are then transmitted to the machine 20 times per second via radio from the Total Station. It's simple, reliable, and the perfect alternative when GPS reception is limited. Compatible with Topcon's machine mounted GPS grade control components, it's a quick and easy change to swap LPS for GPS and keep productivity to a maximum.
Based on our popular 900/9000 robotic total station platform, the LPS offers high accuracy position control over your entire site, to within a few millimeters. Topcon's new robotic total stations utilize the patented XTrak technology to track machines at speeds up to 35 MPH. Machine and blade position is updated 20 times per second, fast enough to meet the tightest jobsite specs. This speed and accuracy makes difficult and complex sites easy to grade.
Switching existing GPS+ systems to LPS-900 is simple. Put up the total station on a control point, place a 360° prism on the vibration pole and a radio in the MC-R3 and you're ready to go to work. The robotic total station locates the 360° prism and sends the X, Y, Z position of the cutting edge to the machine via radio link. The operator can now work as before, but with very high accuracy. Obstructions to the sky no longer hinder your work or slow you down. Whatever the conditions are at the job, Topcon LPS can help you get it done fast and accurately.
LPS - An Easy Upgrade To Topcon's G63 Motor Grader And Z63 Bulldozer 3D GPS Systems
Topcon's LPS grade control system is a seamless upgrade to Topcon's 3D GPS based G63 Motor Grader and Z63 Bulldozer grade control systems. G63 / D63 3D-GPS+ systems feature:
GX-60 - The World's Easiest-To-Use Operator's Interface
Topcon's G63 and Z63 3D grade control systems feature the most advanced Operator interface available, Topcon's GX-60 touch sensitive control box. Light and compact with a full-color LCD touch sensitive screen, Topcon's GX-60 is a fully functioning Windows® computer that provides the operator with real-time grade information and control. Constructed of a strong cast housing and sealed internals, the GX-60 will be a refreshingly simple alternative to other operator interfaces.
Features and Benefits:
- 512 Mb Internal Compact Flash Drive
- 650 MHz Intel CPU
- Windows XP Operating System
- USB, Ethernet, RS-485, CAN, and RS-232 ports
- Sealed Housing with Gortex Vent
- Audio Speaker
- Internal Backup Battery
- Ambient Light Sensor for Sharp Contrast on the Display
- Bluetooth Wireless Technology
Topcon's MC-R3 houses the LPS controller and radio board in a built-to-last housing.Providing either solid brackets for permanent mounting or magnetic mounting for portability. A built-in MINTER panel provides status lights and function keys for easy performance verification and system checks. The MC-R3 can be easily upgraded to add GPS capabilities providing the utmost in system upgradability.
Features & Benefits
- G3 Tracking technology
- Network capable receiver with GSM / CDMA
- UHF & Spread Spectrum radio options
- LED indicators for satelite tracking and controller status
- Advance Multipath Reduction (AMR)
- In-band Interference Rejection (IBIR) option
- Compliance with CMR and RTCM industry standard
- Flash download capability (application code revisions in the field)
- System Five Controller
- Ethernet and RS-232 and RS-485 serial connection to GPS receivers and valve controller board