Careers at GPS Alaska
Join Our Team
Machine Control Service Technician
Primary duties include the installation, setup, training, and repair of GPS machine control systems on heavy equipment.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Assist crew with shop tasks when necessary.
- Certifies system functionality through bench testing prior to machine installation.
- Ensures documentation is in order for each work order, repair and maintenance issue.
- Monitors repair & maintenance progress, and collaborates with internal support to ensure materials and equipment is available for each phase of the project.
- Helps maintain correct inventory and job flow via computer system.
- Communicates with the owners on current project status.
- Training will be provided.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Positive Attitude and Strong Work Ethic.
- Safe work habits and desire to work safely as well as productively.
- Knowledge of GPS control systems such as Topcon, Trimble, or Leica.
- Familiarity with GPS machine control systems or survey equipment.
- Knowledge of electric and hydraulic systems.
- Good mechanical skills.
- Knowledge of heavy highway and/or heavy civil construction methods and practices.
- Ability to read and interpret construction plans, documents and 2D and 3D models is a plus.
- Flexibility to learn new systems, applying what you already know.
- Experienced troubleshooting skills with the ability to work through problems with the end goal in mind.
- Positive communication skills and the ability to work alone or in a group.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Valid Alaska driver’s license.
Salary: $40,000.00 – $100,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Schedule: 8 hour shift
Education: High school or equivalent (Required)
- Survey or GPS Machine Control: 1 year (Preferred)
- Mechanical repair: 2 years (Preferred)
- Heavy equipment operation: 1 year (Preferred)
License/Certification: Driver’s License (Required)
- Day Shift (Required)
- Night Shift (Required)
- Overnight Shift (Required)
Willingness to travel: 25% (Required)
Work Location: On the road